[AGA-Member] AGA and internet forums

Hello everyone,

I'd like to make my first official announcement on the Member's list as the AGA's Advertising Liason. For the past few years the number one thing that members tell me when I ask what the AGA could do to increase our effectiveness and/or membership was to start an internet forum. Unfortunately, do to logistical issues that's not likely to happen any time soon. However, we have done the next best thing.

The AGA is now an active board sponsor of The Planted Tank.net. We're also about to go online as a forum sponsor on Aquatic Plant Central as the sponsor of their New to Aquarium Plants forum. It's always been our mission to help improve the communication about aquatic gardening to everyone, not just our members and this is a giant leap for us as an organization. Please help us by participating on these boards and let people know that your an AGA member.

Many people have commented to me that the AGA is becoming out-dated and cliquish, even if only in appearance. That is something that only you, the membership, can remedy and this is a great first step toward that.

Submitting articles for TAG is another one, but that's not the point of this message. ;)

I know a lot of people who aren't interested in getting involved in forums because of time constraints. If you are only able to contribute a couple quick comments to a topic once a week, that's wonderful! It's a couple extra comments or little bit of help that wouldn't have been there otherwise.

Please, put a some thought into helping the AGA live up to it's number one mission. You never know, you might just find a fellow AGA member in your town that you didn't know about. I did.

www.theplantedtank.net
www.aquaticplantcentral.com

Regards,
Phil