Aggies unfertilised spawn.

I have just had a 'weird' occurance happen.  I have a pair of A.
agassizi in a breeding tank spawn (yeah finally !) however when I look
at the eggs tonight they are all white, which to me indicates that they
have not been fertilised.

The male is definately fertile, as he has successfully spawned with a
different female and I currently have 15 of his offspring in a growout
tank.  No chance of a mix up either as he is the only male I have.

Why would a female spawn and not let the male in to fertilise the eggs?
Is there some other factor I havent considered?

Tank is a long and shallow 18 gallons (roughly) with a sponge filter,
some plants, pH 6.0, nitrates nil, carbonate hardness 35-40 ppm.

Thanks

Steph