RE: Ph of rocks??

The pH of one type of rock can vary dramatically as very few of these are
what could be called a "pure substance" due to the way they are created.
Therefore listing a definitive pH is not really possible. Added to this is
the problem with the permeability of the rock to liquids (which can solidify
or crystallise within its structure - also when the rock is formed, or
reformed, this can be at high temperature or pressure and things which are
solid at normal temp and pressure can be liquid), which will then give
various pH readings dependant on how long the rock is allowed to sit in
water. Sandstone would be a prime example of this - most of the world's oil
reserves are this..., and the stuff that my house is built of is loaded with
magnesium and potassium compounds.

Therefore pH is not the only criteria to consider when selecting rocks for a
tank, and testing for possible harmful chemicals would cost you a fortune.
If you want to find out what would be suitable locally you could refer to a
local geological society or university.

The only rocks I would add to my tank would be slate, black basalt, and
white granite, which I check first to ensure that they are fairly solid and
appear to be made up of the one uniform substance - no nice looking coloured
lines etc, running through them. Ideally the best rocks for tanks are
insoluble and impermeable.

Concrete, not strictly a rock, I would avoid at all cost as you never know
how well it was mixed up and with what, and there may also be mould oil
traces in it too.