Re: A. sp. Wangenflecken??

I had one of these about 2 years ago, and like everyone else, there were no
males in the tank.  I bought one to see how it would do in the misc. odds
and ends tank.  To make a long story short, I had a pair of A. Cruzi, and
the male perished from a nematode infection.  after the tank was treated, I
put the female in the misc. tank, and she immediately hit it off with the
lone male mystery fish.  they spawned several times, but I never collected
the fry.  They were victimized I'm sure by the rummy nose tetras.  They
later fell victim to the "exterminator"... My wife spraying for bugs!

I just happened to see some of these at the local Petsmart in Dallas  tagged
as A. Borelli.  I decided to get a couple, and talked the manager into
trying to get a couple females in the next batch.  One of the males in
particular has a very red head under the blue streaking, and a more than
usual metallic blue sheen to his body.  At the very least, it is a hardy,
colorful, fun to watch fish.

I am not any sort of an Apisto expert, but I do really enjoy this type of
fish.  Perhaps the breeding between the above fish mentioned will help with
a classification?

Phil Eaton
Dallas, TX