Re: Husbandry of A. panduro

Bill,

You're right about taxonomic descriptions. It's rare that we see much discussion of behavior in them because taxonomists rarely have anything but preserved specimens (which don't have any behavioral habits except lying there), and some
location and habitat data. Römer's original description of A. arua mentions that it is a polygamous species, timid in an aquarium, and tolerates juveniles in its territory - all behavioral traits. Unlike the vast majority of taxonomists, he
had the luxury of observing some of the type material in a captive environment. Since we are trying to ID live fish, however, their behavior helps us at times.

Mike Wise