-----Original Message-----
From: Frode Johansen [mailto:frode.johansen@bio.uio.no]
Sent: 22 February 2000 11:20
To: apisto@majordomo.pobox.com

Hi.
I have a 10 gallon tank with some Apistogramma cacatuoides. I had one male
and two female. For about three weeks ago my dominant female wanted to
spawn, and turned yellow. But the male diden`t want to join her, so there
were no fry.
Now, my male is chasing the females, and yesterday the subdominant female
was dead. And the dominant female (the one which wanted to spawn) is chased
around in the tank by the male, and 1/4 of her caudal fin is bit off.
My tank has two half cocconut-shells as caves and it is pretty heavy
planted.
The pH is about 7 and the hardness is 1-2 german degrees. The temperature
is 27-28 degrees celcius.
I change about 1/8 of the water every four day, so the water should be
clean enough.
I feed them with live white mosquito-larvae and frosen bloodworms.
As dither-fish I have three Nanostomus trifasiatus and two Otocinclus
affinis.
My question is: What do I do wrong? Should I lower my pH? And, should I now
buy another female?

Frode Johansen (from Norway)

Archives"!
____
This message has been checked for all known viruses by the Star Screening
System
http: //academy.star.co.uk/public/virustats.htm