Re: Underwater filming of freshwater fish Was: "Amazonia" on PBS

In a message dated 2/28/2000 5:46:32 AM Eastern Standard Time,
bolnathist@gn.apc.org writes:

> Besides Distichodus spp., Hippos are also frequently attended by
>  the African Labeo spp., which are known for actually embedding
>  their heads in the anus of the mammals to feed on faeces!
>  Must be some sort of lower management ritual.

now, where did you get this info????  well, i guess i shouldn't be surprised.
 it's like those ocean fish that hide in the sea cucumber anus (holoturians)
for refuge...  and our politicians are not unfamiliar with that practice
either...

tsuh yang chen, nyc, USA