nitrates

Hi there, I'm new to the list so please, bear with me.:-)
I've seen on the marine sites that it's possible to use a coil(tube)filter
for nitrate removal, has anybody tried this method? Would a faster flow in a
longer coil have the same affect (but reduce the likelihood of blockages)?
I'm sorry, but this may be quite a long posting as I've got a lot I want to
talk about (sigh), I'm in Spain and it seems nobody is very interested
here.:-(
Does anybody know of any European breeders of Dwarfs (Dwarves?). I've found
a local importer but the quality and conditions leave a lot to be desired,
they also only stock the more 'normal' Apistos.
Thanks for the space, if anyone's in the area give me a call,
Colin