Re: A.sp. Rio Marmore

Max,

I've seen black patches on apistos, but not to the extent that you mention.
Cichlids sometimes show this effect if they have a minor stroke and can't control
their chromatophores like they used to. Many times this is the only thing that is
affected by the stroke. Hopefully this isn't the case with your fish.

Mike Wise