Re:

In a message dated 3/24/00 6:06:05 PM Mountain Standard Time,
webwill@infinet.net writes:

> If it is Malaysian trumpet snails (or turbo is you prefer) then, I highly
>  recommended soft water to reduce the population-

I found that soft wasn't enough.  They survived and multiplied in 1ºGH and a
pH of 6.0  I had to pull out the fish and plants and dump muriatic acid in.
Lots of it.  After a week, the snail shells had returned the pH to 6.0 and
driven GH to 8º.

> If they are, why do you
>  want to be rid of this great cleanup crew?

Because I couldn't see the fish.  The stupid little snails are WAY too
prolific.  They're too hard to crush, and they hide in the substrate.

Bob