RE: kribs/wild

It seems everyone writing in about the Kribs keeps them in a S. American
type tank(Corys, Ottos, Cardinals, etc.)
Does anyone have them in a West African setting?  You know, Mormyrids,
Distochodus, Synodonts, Killies, etc.  Am I chasing a dream?  Finally found
some N. parilus, haven't got N. transvestitus yet.  Still looking for most
of the above for that matter.  We had a decent shop in Illinois, he had
most of these, but I can't find much in California.  Anyone that knows of a
shop in S. Ca, I'm all ears.