Algae eating livebearers

BigJohn wrote:

>Here's a solution for you Kenny, if you can get swordtails acclimated to
>your water try guppies, They are the best algae eaters ive found that
>are not an otto or ancistrus type catfish.   Never have algae in my
>guppy tanks.  They would also look neat in that planted tank.

I agree with John in this.  Guppies aren't that big, they eat a lot of algae
so they don't require constant feeding of flake etc. unless you're trying to
breed them for sale and want them to get big as fast as possible.
Unfortunately if you feed your fish well, they don't bother chasing down
baby guppies.

Gabriella

Archives"!