Re: GSAS auction was Re: Tampa Bay Aquarium Society Meeting Notice

Just a quick and hopefully obvious interjection.  One good reason to eat
ones young when in a captive situation might be  minimize later
overcrowding and competition.  How do the parents know we plan on removing
the young.  Maybe the fish are acting on instinct developed from being
raised in a confined system compared to wild caught.  It's probably not
this simple, it's probably a combination of factors that we may never
solve.