fry eaters

All this discussion of rams eating their fry is very interesting
stuff.But,nobody has mentioned diet.Could it be that the rams being bred are
missing something in their diet that makes them eat eggs and fry?Survival is
one of the strongist instincts and if a breeding pair of fish,for some
reason think that their survival is suspect,the best thing would be to make
sure that they survive,not the eggs or fry.Commercial foods can make a
complete diet for most fish,but fish nutrition being what it is,maybe there
is some vital ingredient missing.I think someone mentioned that tank raised
fish are easier to breed than wild fish.I have found that some apistos will
breed if they are wild and it is a real pain to breed the fry.Could it be
that the wc fish have been eating something that we are not giving to their
ofspring?Just some jumbled thoughts on a sunny west coast afternoon.
Vern