Re: bare bottoms

Hello Steve
Like Zman and David, i too really like the bare bottom tank approach.
My breeding tanks are set up basically like this:  one flower pot per
fish plus on extra pot, several yarn mops ( I breed my killies in my
apisto tanks also) and a hydro sponge filter.  I also go and put a good
clump of Hygrophila in each tank or water sprite.   This give them a
sense of security with cover above them.

Bare bottom tanks have been my approach for the last 5 years or so, have
great success with this method.  I use gravel in my tanks with my west
africans though, they seem to prefer it to bare bottom tanks.
Something about them liking to dig abit i guess.   Hope this helps you
out some

John