Re: bare bottoms

Hello Bill

I have 2 pairs of Australe Chocolate in with my Apisto Cacatuoides.   I
have fry from both that are in the same tank.   Obviously i pick the
killie eggs from the mops.   The australes stay up in the top layer and
plants and the Cacatuoides leave them alone, vice versa with killies and
apisto fry.   I also have same success with Gardneri Makurdi in with my
Viejita ll, Gardneri CI 99 in with my MacMasteri Double reds.  Have even
done several rivs with my apistos in the past.   Riv Harti did real well
in with my Norberti.   The Killies actually served 2 purpose in my
apisto tanks, they became great dither fish to bring apistos out from
hiding and also saved me tank space as i was able to breed them in the
apisto tanks.   Also was able to raise young 4 week old killie fry in
with same age apisto fry.   Saved tank space there too.  The fact that
the 2 different specied occupy different layers of the tank made them
good tankmates.    Although i have to admit my Gardneri Misage didn't do
well with my Pel. Taeniatus Moliwe.   The fish are fine, just that the
moliwe discovered how good killie eggs are to eat.   See them up in the
mops all the time.  Same goes with my Nanochromis Transvestitus.
Although the mops serve as a refuge for the female trans.   My male is
rather aggressive for such a small size.

Hope this helps you out Bill.

John