Re: catching krib fry

While Erik and I have siphoned many krib fry out of his 75 gallon planted
tank, one of the funniest ways we had to get them out was a modified
plexiglass "krib" trap.  Probably the minny version of a bear/cat trap.

Erik made an acrylic/plexiglass box, with a sliding gate at one end.  We
would put food in there and wait, when the fry were in the box, drop the
gate and that was it.  Also good for catching that lone adult.

These days, Erik doesn't usually let me put spawning fish in his plant
tanks..even though most recently he spawned our wild caught tetras,
Hemigramus belotti (?sp)..so it is 20 gallons for breeding tanks and I
pull the parents and raise the fry, or just take down the tank when I want
to get the fry out.

Kathy