Lime Deposits

Hi all,
Thanks for all the information about the removal of lime deposits. I went to
the store and purchased a gallon of white vinegar and 3M Scotch-Brite heavy
duty scour pads. I don't know if I made a mistake with these since it
recommends not to use on glassware. We'll see how they do. I'll try the
oldest tank first. I will be doing empty tanks. I guess that vinegar or acid
would drop the pH pretty quick if put in a tank which was set-up.
Jerry F. Kasey
kaseyjms@worldnet.att.net