Re: Artificial Hatching of Ram Eggs

I suppose that it could be the other fish, but i've seen my rams just
decide to eat their fry for no apparent reason.  So i wait until the fry
start to disappear and then I siphon them very quickly.  If they have
been free swimming with the parents for a few days, they almost always
do well on their own.

Joe Hildreth
15 Cedar Street
Potsdam,NY 13676

Thanks Joe!
I'll give it a whirl with the next batch.  Methinks it's the nighttime
snacking habits of my Cory Melanistrus group honestly.  Poor rams don't
stand a chance once the lights are out! LOL
Wendy
Sunnyvale, CA
(but native NYer, :))