Re: new guy with question/observation

Hi Dustin

I have lost a number of male kribs through female aggression after spawning. If the babies disappear and mum knows that she did not eat them, then who else but the male is to blame.

With a pair of albino kribensis recently, I made the fatal mistake of moving both parents away from the fry after seven days. The male was killed.

Usually now I leave the parents with the young and keep an eye on the parents. I suppose what happens depends on the parents - some both parents are active in raising the young, others the male is allowed to guard the outer area and yet others the male is killed. I would watch for the male being hassled and remove him if necessary - however I would never again remove both parents (together) away from the young.