RE: Nannochromis transvestitus

I would suggest that if possible, pay for them and arrange for them to be
kept at the shop until you can place them into their own tank. Fewer changes
will give less stress. I like to set them up with lots of caves and some
plastic plants (yes they are ugly) because my plants tend to "melt down" at
the low pH around 5.5-6.0 that they like for spawning.
I've always let the parents raise the fry and got fairly large batches of
60-80.  The males seemed kind of shy, the females dance a lot. Pencils make
good dithers.  Hope this helps.