weird behavior part two

Hi,
Just to add to the recent thread:
I got to watch my F-1 Apistogramma sp vielfleck spawning in an
overcrowded 'will you please grow' type tank last night. The female was
upside down, putting eggs on the inside top of a cave. The dominant male
was outside, maybe 2 cm away, shaking away, clearly trying to fertilize
the eggs. Beside him, maybe 1 cm back, were two smaller males from a 3
week later brood, engaging in exactly the same movements. Effectively,
there were three males trying to fertilize one batch of eggs. There was
no fighting or even aggressive displaying through the entire process.
This morning, however, the eggs are gone.
Hmmm.
-Gary