Re: Feeding

Christopher R Brightwell wrote:

> I was wondering what people are feeding their apistos.  I have a group of
> eight in a heavily planted 75 and they don't seem interested in brine
> shrimp at all.
> TIA
> Chris

I feed mine frozen bloodworms as a staple, supplemented by live
whiteworms, very occasional chopped earthworms or ant larvae and a fair
bit of good old-fashioned flake (staple, plankton flake and brine shrimp
flake in rotation).
Freshly freeswimming fry get some live bbs, lots of decapsulated and
some crushed flake. Since I shifted to 'decap.' in the mornings, growth
rates haven't slowed, and I've brought njisseni, taeniata, sp rotpunkt,
macmasteri and sp vielfleck to young adulthood in fair numbers.
-Gary