Re: R/O Units

This will be my second and last post regarding this particular message. I do
test my tap water, RO water and my "waste" water. The waste water is never
more than 2 or 3 ppm's more than my tap water. The RO water starts out at (0)
and gradually increased as time goes on and this way I know when to replace
it. The idea that the ppm's are increased seems logical but I say seems! The
first of 3 filters is a "Omnipure" "dirt and sand" remover the 2nd is a
"taste & odor" remover. So far nothing has happened to the hardness until the
final one line in/ two line out membrane where the hardness is removed. This
filter membrane has to be replaced about once a year and I'm sorry but I
never weighed them to find out the weight difference but I can tell you it's
quite a bit. That weight happens to be the dissolved solids we are trying to
remove from the original water.
    As for the other suggestion to run my 170ppm waste water back through
again, I hope you were jesting as I know of no way to get the 80psi needed to
get it through that very narrow tubing.
    Z-Man