Re: female Caetei

In a message dated 8/20/00 3:35:38 AM Mountain Daylight Time,
laetacara@yahoo.com writes:

> I have a breeding pair and about 20 fry about 3/4 inch long.
>  Unfortunately I have no idea how to sex the fry.

Sexing of juveniles can be tough.  The best way is to look at the pelvic
fins.  The leading edge is black on females.  This is true with every
Apistogramma I have ever seen, and I'm guessing it is also true with caetei,
as the brooding females use these fins as signalling/communications devices
for the fry.

Bob Dixon
Cichlid Trader List Administrator       º o
http://cichlidtrader.listbot.com               0