Re: The perfect d.c. book?

As a consumer, I would want ID'ing info in a book.  But looking at it from the
author's point of view, the issue is how best to provide ID'ing info -- and I
don't think that the best way is through a book.

Everything is changing so fast, the best way to provide ID info is through the
'Net -- info is updatable and the content can employ hyper-text links.  To keep
it commercial (so the author gets some compensation), I'd consider selling some
executable on CD that ran off a database of ID profiles.  Those who bought the CD
can also subscribe to the author's ID mailing list.  As new species, photos, and
info become available, the subscribers could be notified of updates which they
can download and add to their database.

Pardon me if I'm thinking too far out of the box, but an online update would be
the best source for dwarf cichlid info given today's state of ever-growing,
ever-changing d.c. knowledge.

-- Randy