Re: water Chemistry

From: Steve Hatfield
Sent: Saturday, September 16, 2000 3:00 PM

> Does anyone know of a good website or book on understanding
> water chemistry? I need somthing in understandable terms as
> applied to fishkeeping. Ive got basic knoledge on PH and hardness
> but I want to understand buffers and conductivity better. Im having
> kproblems with tanks going to very low PH. Any help would be
> appreciated.

Of course there's always the message archive at The Krib, but I have a
section on chemistry that I threw up on my site about 3 years ago. The
articles are being re-written (some say into human- readable form) and
expanded, but it's slow going. You could stop by there and check out the
basics, then drop me a line if you have specific questions.

Another thing I haven't done yet is to re-do the interface. A lot of the
internal page links are broken, but if you stick to the left-hand navigation
frame you'll get to where you want to go...

-Y-

Nestor 10
nestor10@mindspring.chkr.com
".chkr" is for mail-bots