Re: Apisto sp. "Cara Pintada"

All that I can add to Mike J. & Julio's comments is that A. sp. Carapintada is
the commercial name used by the Panduro brothers for the fish that was introduced
into the German hobby by Koslowski earlier this year as A. sp. Winkelfleck
(Angle-patch) from the Rio Orosa near Pebas, Peru.  Koslowski thinks that Julio's
fish is another nearly identical form from above Nauta, Peru. The two forms,
however, do not interbreed if given a preference. The two forms are often
intermixed at export stations so this may cause breeding problems. The ASG plans
to publish Koslowski's paper on new species of Apistogramma from Peru in upcoming
issues of the Apisto-gram (in English).

Mike Wise