Re: Hydra in Borelli tank?

  Do you feed with bbs or other small living food?  They tend to gather
at the top where the light is after a few minutes in the tank, which is
where the hydra are now starting to reproduce.  I'm not sure how they
ever get into our tanks, but I do know that they only show themselves
in numbers when there is ample food.
  At that size and location in the tank, it is unlikely that the hydra
will be a problem for your borelli fry, so maybe leave them for now if
there are fry.  One solution I have heard of and not yet tried to get
rid of them (it's been a few months since I've seen them) is using a 9V
battery.  This low voltage kills the hydra, but I guess it's too low to
harm the fish.  Like I said, I haven't tried it, but I have read about
it's success about a year ago.  Was it on this list?  I don't remember,
I belong to too many - if there is such a thing  ;-)

=====
J. Miller
Edmonton, AB, Can.