TDS vs. ppm

Hello All,

With the recent talk about the Hanna TDS meters, I went and got one also.  I
was very surprised that my water was over 500 tds, but only 76 ppm GH.  So
what number do you actually use for breeding?  What's funny is that my RO
water is also fairly high in TDS but not in ppm.  Confused to say the least.
  Any ideas?

Thanks,
Bailin

http://profiles.msn.com.