Re: filter for breeding

In a message dated 10/19/00 8:07:33 AM Mountain Daylight Time,
emartina@uiuc.edu writes:

> But I think they had a 10 gallon, and I am
>  concerned that a sponge filter won't be enough for a 29. Thanks!

While there are sponge filters available "rated" for up to 80 gallon tanks,
the size of the filter is more dependent upon the bioload it has to maintain.
 The same fish in a ten gallon tank as a 29, the same size filter to handle
their nitrogen cycle needs.

I use UGFs for breeding tanks most of the time.

Bob Dixon