RE: Tankmate selection for Hemichromis bimaculatus

List of suitable tankmates for spawning Hemichromis bimaculatus:

none.

May be a turtle. They (h. bimaculatus) will kill anyone. If you are
concerned with waste of space for a single pair, you can move them in 20-26
gallon, they will do just fine.

Do not concern yourself with the number of surviving fries - they will take
care of themselves. Moreover, then they will grow too big, parents will
think of them as a treat for the next batch fries... It will help as well.

The only lfs that would take them from me was the one concerned with keeping
me their fish supplier... I moved since, and do not have h.bimaculatus
anymore because I hate to see fish that no one wants except me multiply as
they do. If you like hemichromises (I do), try H.elongatus - care is the
same and lfs are more happy to have them. I have some fries of them, BTW.

Best,

LIlia