Re: Ro units

George Richter writes:

> When I see combination units that do RO and DI they all seem to do the RO
first (
> waste about 3/4 of the water) and then DI.  Most of my DI knowledge does
come from
> this list but what I have read tells me the reverse would be more efficient
-
> what gives?  Any ideas?

DI removes 100% of dissolved ions, whereas RO removes only 90-98%, depending
on the design of the membrane.  IF you run the DI first, you won't get any
benefit from the RO.  If you run the RO first, the DI resins will last
longer, anywhere from 10-50 times longer, again depending on the RO membrane.

Bob Dixon
Cichlid Trader List Administrator       º o
http://cichlidtrader.listbot.com               0