Re: Cacatuoides double or triple red?

Joel,

  The difference between a double red and triple red cacatoo is, the
double red will have the red on the dorsal and caudal fins, while the
triple red has the red on the anal fin as well.  In my experience, the
triple reds usually have even more red on the fins than the double red.

  I used to breed the triple reds, but the last two broods were all
male - maybe the temp was too high.  But the thing I liked about them
is that they'd breed any time, without warning.  Very eager.

HTH.

=====
J. Miller
Edmonton, AB, Can.