Re: Water Chemistry

From: "gooch"
Sent: Tuesday, November 28, 2000 8:56 AM

> If I get this right then if I measure 250ppm then the water
> in us would be (.75) 333 us??

Close enough for "government work", as they say. My own local water runs
about 140 ppm GH and 185 µS, which is just about dead- on to 0.75.

The differences, as I pointed out before, lie in the fact that TDS also
measures things that aren't _literally_ dissolved in the water (ionized or
otherwise), but also includes silts and other turbidity components that are
simply just fine enough to remain in suspension...

-Y-