Re: When do I feed?

Start to feed them when the yoke sac is no longer apparent on the fry
(this is a matter of days from time of hatching), or when they appear
interested in the food. I have used newly hatched brine shrimp nuplii...
difficult to quantify how much. Feeding fry invariably invloves giving
them more than what they will eat, no matter how hard you try to minimize.
That is the tricky part to rearing fish, feeding them as much food as they
will take, and keeping the water clean. Successful rearing probably goes
something like... feeding three times a day with small live foods, daily
small water changes (10 to 20 %). Space out the fish into several
aquariums as they grow.

-Jonathan

Jonathan Fung... Reef Geek
Dalhousie University Honours Marine Biology
Aqua Creations Inc. Assistant Manager
writer for Marine Fish Monthly