Re: bottles for shipping.

The bottles I use right now are some that I've recycled from other shippers like
Trop Rio/Apisto Heaven and what suitable bottles that I scrounged from water
sampling projects at Superfund sites that I've worked at in the past. For those who
have received fish from me in these bottles, don't worry I never took used bottles
only unused, unopened, ones left over after a project was finished (I imagine
Plutonium is a very toxic metal to fish, too! :-) ). Since most projects use glass,
I have a limited supply of plastic bottles. Therefore I ask for them back along
with my small styro containers. For those who do a lot of shipping you might want
to check my old standby, Cole-Parmer (www.coleparmer.com).  This scientific supply
house is a good place to look. They have all kinds of bottles. They also have
affiliates in Canada and the UK that can get these to you if you don't live in the
US. For me, I'm considering a polypropylene (PP) sample jar that not only is wide
mouthed & water tight, but clear and unbreakable, too. They hold 4 oz (118 ml) or ¼
pint of water. This is sufficient for most apistos around 2" or less. The nice
thing is the cost. You can buy 100 sterilized jars with high density Polyethylene
(HDPE) lids for only $20, or 20¢ each (Catalog # U-06049-40). If you can handle
more jars, they sell 500 nonsterilized jars for $70 or 14¢ each (# U-06049-50).

Mike Wise