Re: Steindachneri colony

Matt,

A. steindachneri is a large apisto. I've had males reach over 4" (10cm) in total length. The females were nearly 3" (7.5cm). You might get away with a trio for a while, but my feeling is that one female would drive the other out of the tank eventually. I've had
spawns of 100+ fry from A. steindachneri so each female will want a pretty large brood territory. The adult I've had were pretty tolerant of juveniles - until the males sexed out or the pair wanted to breed again.

Mike Wise