Re: Diatom Bloom

I got quite a heavy cyanobacteria culture going on a 20 long when I
converted it to a planted tank and placed a 55 watt power compact over it.
My cabombas were covered in the slime as was the heater.  I removed the
slime by throwing away the plants and cleaning the heater, did a big water
change, added a whole lot more plants to take up the extra nutrients and
haven't had a problem since.

Regards,

Dave