Re: do fish "yawn"?

Rik,

Here is my 2¢. Yawning & minor itching are nothing to worry about. What
worries me is the per centage of losses you have in your fish! Your losses
are much higher than anything I've seen while retailing or wholesaling fish
in the past. Have you checked the nitrate (not nitrite) levels in your tank
lately? I've seen excess itching in tanks with low pH plus high nitrate
levels. If they are very "spooky", darting around the tank at the smallest
movement from outside, this usually indicates a low level toxin has gotten
into the tanks. Before trying any more medications on your tank, I'd suggest
25% water changes ever day for a week and see if this helps.

Mike Wise