curious about aggie behavior

Hi All,
I'm the newbie who had the big mess in the beginning. Things are a lot
better now but, as far as apistos go I have one really nice male aggie left
and a female cacatuoide. Before the female aggie was eaten by a fish which
was part of my overstock she and the male seem to be in breeding mode. The
only other male left was the aggie.  For a while the male aggie was chasing
the female cacatuoide around the tank not really showing much other interest.
The strange thing was today I didn't see the male around all day and he was
one for always being out and about. I did notice the female cacatuoide was
around most of the day though. Around 6: PM the male came out for the first
time scraped himself on the flower pot he came out of and on another pot just
across from the one he was in and then he went directly back into to stay.
The female cacau goes by the pot but, doesn't really pay it much mind. This
is unusual for him because he almost always out and usually the king of the
tank, even up against a med. sized Gold severum which is also going to be
moving out of my tank real soon. The only others in the tank are mainly
angels. I've looked them over real well for signs of ich or fungus or
anything and can't see anything. I have been running a UV sterilizer for
almost two weeks now so that should get anyhow right? Just wondering if this
is some kind of territory thing, breeding or whatever.
                                                thanks,
                                                JerryB