Re: Looking for Nanochromis dimidiatus males

hi Tim,
Sal bought a trio of these a while back, and ended up losing the male.
Attempts to locate another male were so futile that he wound up selling
off the females. A few weeks later, the shipper that he got them from
happened to be in the store that we frequent. So we asked about it and
were told that Germany is really the only place they are being bred, and
for some reason, nearly everything being produced is coming out female.
This is something that is being worked on but so far has not been
figured out. Now i'm not saying that this is the exact situation, it's
just what we were told. I'd suggest trying to locate a shipper that
deals with Germany directly, and if the above is true, expect to pay
quite a bit for males. Good luck!!

Rich