Re: Swollen belly fish

I think it is dropsy, a bacterial infection. Once it is in such a late stage it is untreatable. As far as I know the fish weakened because of something, like keeping conditions, water conditions (to much ammonia, nitrid or nitrate in the water) etc., and the normally unharming tuberculosis bacteriums - which are always present in the water and in the fish - took over the fish having weakened immune system.

I had the same problem, although long ago, and I asked a veterinarian about it.

Zsolt Fazekas