[Fwd: BOUNCE apisto@admin.listbox.com: Approval required:]

Date: Sun, 24 Jun 2001 12:28:39 -0600
From: Mike & Diane Wise <apistowise@bewellnet.com>
To: apisto@listbox.com
Subject: Re: average life span of cacatuoides ?

Rosie,

Dr. Uwe Römer studied this and wrote an excellent report on it: Römer, U. 1991 Zur
Lebenserwartung von Zwergbuntbarschen der Gattung Apistogramma (On the longevity
of dwarf cichlids of the genus Apistogramma). DCG-Informationen 22(2): 42-45 (ASG
members can get copies of the English translation from me.).  I reported on Uwe's
article in the Apisto-gram: Wise, M. 1996. What's New & News in Dwarf Cichlids.
Longevity in Apistogramma. The Apisto-gram 13(3): 19-20. Basically Römer found
that apistos lived an average of 2 years, but could live over 5. If your female
was sexed out when you bought her, she was probably over 6 months old. If so she
is now over 14 months old. This isn't too old for an apisto. It seems like she is
suffering from something other than old age.

Mike Wise