From: Chris Little <chrisaggie@yahoo.com>
To: apisto@listbox.com
Subject: Re: Apistos and Kribs and CO2. OH MY!
Date: Tue, 7 Aug 2001 11:23:16 -0700 (PDT)

Spawn Aid is the name of a liquid made by a company I can not think of right now. You put a teaspoon per ten gallons in your tank three times a week and suposedly it helps entice fish to spawn and it helps the development of the eggs.
Yvan Alleau <yalleau@OCE.ORST.EDU> wrote: hi all,what is a "spawn aid" ?
Yvan Alleau
712 N.W Kings Blvd
Corvallis, OR 97330
College of Oceanic and Atmospheric Sciences
Oregon State University
office (Burt 222) # 737-3649, to be used wisely!
yalleau@oce.orst.edu "When you're far from everything, you're getting closer to the essential"
----- Original Message ----- From: Chris Little To: apisto@listbox.com Sent: Tuesday, August 07, 2001 6:29 AMSubject: Apistos and Kribs and CO2. OH MY!

Ok...this is my first post on the list so here goes. I have two pairs of Apistogramms cacatuoides that I am keeping in planted tanks with RO water and CO2 injection. I am feeding them blood worms and brine shrimp. I change 25% of the water about once a week. I keep the temp at 79 or so. I don't have any fish in with them that would be a threat...just bristlenose plecos and stuff like that. I can't seem to get them to spawn for me...any ideas on what I can do. I am already using spawn aid as someone had recommended that to me. I use a 10 pound CO2 bottle and I recently found out that the connection between the solenoid and the needle valve is leaking. Anyone know of a good compound and something to stop that leak? Also...my kribs that I just got a few days ago have about 40 eggs! I have nevertryed to raise kribs before, bu they should be fun. Any ideas anyone has would be appreciated.
~Chris Little

"Every man dies; Not every man lives."

"Every man dies; Not every man lives."