Re: D. maculatus (was "Manually hatching eggs")

Hey, Ade!
 No, I'm no longer playing with those guys. I had a trio or a quad in a
36" 24 gal. tank w/lots of "stuff" (wood and rocks and what few plants
would survive). Very acidic water, almost pure R/O  w/trace elements
added. Large, frequent water changes. Peat and peat extract. Low light.
Warm. Live (mostly) and good frozen live. They took a long time to get
around to spawning (forget how long), and unlike filimentosus chose hard
surfaces as versed to leaves. Eggs laid on wood did significantly better
than eggs laid on rock. Never hatched a single egg in the main tank.
Never had too many eggs, and never hatched more than half of what there
were. Fry not difficult once they're out of danger from the dreaded
fungus (i.e., a couple of weeks old)... cleanliness IS next to godliness
w/fry!
 Hope this helps some, and best of luck!

Martha