Re: blue ram parenting behaviour?

Good question John what they will do next is anybodys
guess. It all depends since they are the line bred
variety of rams it all depends on what that particuler
line does. Given that there still is perhaps some
advice I can offer. Personally I never use dithers or
target fish. To me thay are a problem because they
will eat the fry whan they become free swimming.
Besides if you provide a good environment with proper
cover ( floating plants, java moss etc) for security
then we accomplish the same thing that so called
dither fish do but only better because you are fixing
the problem at the root. What the fish need is cover
for security, ever wonder why fisherman look for fish
in cover? ie weeds etc. My suggestion remove the
Killie fish and the maybe the female if she gets beat
up too much. Give them a nice quiet place to do there
thing with lots of cover and you should be fine. I
have nothiong against dither fish I just see no reason
to use them once we understand the dynamic that exists
in the aquaruim. Good Luck with you Blue Rams John. I
have a fine strain of German Rams that have been
giving my allot of pleasure I am looking at a swarm of
fry right now with their parents and nice pink
bellies. Boy I love Rams sometimes we get caught up in
all the "new" dwarfs and man good old rams are just
awesome! Happy fish keeping

Dave