Back to basics

Hi All,
the new guy is back. I do need some schooling. I do have several tanks set up with many dwarfs mostly apistos. I have some Borellii fry which are 3 weeks old and doing fine. I have a male Viejita II with two females who are starting to act as if they are in the mood or have already accomplished something. I also have an Agassizii pair who have eggs in pot. Mom ate the last hatch but, I've heard that, that is not uncommon. Okay not all my pots are where you can see all that's going on. I kind of get the feeling that they need to be left alone. The only real thing I look for is if the female Agassizii is trying to kill the male. She's a real tuffy even when she's not guarding eggs. I had a larger older male in with her before and also a different female with her and she took a chunk out of the females head and also had the larger male scared to death. Most of the breeders are in 20Longs the Agassizii is in a divided 30 long. On the other side of the divided 30 is the older male and the less aggressive female. I also have gotten the feeling when they have just laid their eggs I shouldn't mess with the tank much. I mean as far as changing water or just causing a disturbance. Most of my tanks get changed 2 times a week or at least once depending. I've trying to do the tank with the Borellii female and fry twice a week. Dad had to be taken out of that tank cause he was eating fry. It's kind of neat though. When I stick the siphon in Mom will move the babies down to the other end and get down in a pot to let me do my job. I purposely stick the siphon in without actually starting the siphon just to let her know it's that time again. And I really think she understand me....I'm not Dr. Dolittle but, I kinda feel like we do have a communication thing going on. Oh well, for a guy that doesn't post much I over did it today. Just looking for any comments that might let me know what I'm doing wrong or if I'm doing anything right from you seasoned Vets.
                                           thanks much
                                                JerryB