Re: sexing juvenile cacatuoides\another newbie chimes in!

In a message dated 9/29/01 7:33:40 PM Pacific Daylight Time, BigJohnW@webtv.net writes:

Point well taken on sexing fish by lyretail.. Bitaeniata females will
develope lyre tails... not as pronounced at the males but not always
rounded....   I had old bitaeniata females that you would have sworn
were males until they spawned.

John

Great that means there's still hope for pairs. Thanks John I'll just have to keep an eye on them. I did notice even though they do all appear to be the same sex according to the tail observation some are really a nicer blue-bronze color then some of the others. I was thinking that it was might be a sign of a difference in sex or it could just be that some are more developed than others. Well, we'll see how it goes but, I do thank you for your info. and some hope. Talk to you later
                                                    JerryB