Re: General Fishroom Questions

Depending on your peat maybe nothing!  There is peat and there is "hot" peat nd
all in the middle....some peat regardless of your buffers will not move the pH
down very much and certainly not to the level that some of us want.  The more
buffers you have in your water the "hoter" your peat must be.  You can do
nothng but test your peat after letting it sit in water for a couple of days
and see what the pH of the water is.  SOME bags of good Canadian peat have the
pH labeled on the back of the package.....that's really nifty but I found it to
be rare!  On some of the peat I've used I might as well have been puting in
sand.......no afect at all.

Have a super day..........

Mike